Fiber food is very important for our body as it helps to save us from many problems and diseases. In this article we will focus on the role of fiber rich food in reducing the weight.
What is Fiber Food and What Are Its Sources?
Fiber is the food that cannot be digested by human body and it is the plant based food. The fiber doesn’t contain any calories or nutrition and is passed through our digestive tract till it is excreted out. The examples of food rich in fiber are peas, sweet corn, carrots, apples, bananas, red cabbage, spinach, sweet corn, all bran cereal, beans and oranges.
What is the Function of Fiber Food in Our Body?
As stated earlier, the fiber cannot be digested by our digestive system and is passed through our whole digestive tract without providing any nutrients to our body. While moving through our gut, the fiber binds many materials with itself that are not good for our body. For example many carcinogens are attached with fiber and are excreted out of our body, reducing the chances of colon cancer. The cholesterol is also attached with fiber and is transported out of our body reducing the cholesterol level in body that ultimately helps in reducing the chances of heart diseases.
How Fiber Food Helps in Reducing Weight?
Obesity is a very common problem and it can lead to many other issues like development of symptoms of depression etc. Fiber food can help you in reducing extra weight, in many ways.
- The most important point is that fiber contains no calories. Many people skip their meals to reduce the intake of extra calories. You can get the same effect by taking your meal with major portion of fiber food. In this way you will not be skipping any of your meals and still getting lesser calories.
- You will feel full sooner, when you will take good quantity of fiber in your meal. As fiber stays longer in our stomach, as compared to other food items, you will feel full for a longer time and will not feel the need to take more food earlier. This will help you to take lesser food that will ultimately help you in losing extra weight.
- If your food does not contain the sufficient quantity of fiber the absorption of fat from your gut into blood is increased that plays an important role in gaining weight. When good amount of fiber is taken in the meals it binds the fat with itself and reduces its absorption in the blood. In this way fiber food really helps in reducing extra fat from your body.
- Effective Weight Loss Foods (dietcleanse.org)
- Losing Weight by Controlling Calories (detoxcleansing.org)
a WordPress rating system
a WordPress rating system