It’s a new year again so it’s time to start fresh and to think about how you can live healthier this year than you did last year. When you’re in good physical health you tend to feel great mentally and emotionally as well. Being healthy isn’t just about your physical health but if you’re living a healthy lifestyle you’ll find that you’re much happier and healthier too.
- Aim to Get 8 Hours of Sleep Each Night. Getting enough sleep each night has a great impact on your overall health. If you can get 8 hours of sleep per night you’ll wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to face the day. Several studies have also shown that those who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to be overweight.
- Learn a New Way to Exercise. If you keep performing the same exercise routines or workouts day after day it can get boring. To spice things up a bit and stay motivated try a Needak Rebounder. It’s basically a miniature trampoline that absorbs up to 85% of the impact so it’s easy on your joints. You can even get them with a stabilizer bar and they’re a great piece of fitness equipment that will allow you to get some low impact exercise in.
- Rest Your Body. Don’t feel like you have to workout every single day. It’s important that you give your body days off from time to time so that your muscles are able to recover. If you keep exercising without giving yourself breaks then you risk experiencing burn-out which could make you want to quit exercising all together.
- Eat More Fruits and Vegetables. The great thing about fruit and vegetables is not only that they’re good for you but the fact that you can eat a lot of them without consuming a lot of calories. Fruits and vegetables are perfect side dishes to your main course and they contain nutrients including vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function smoothly.
- Set Goals for Yourself. Setting goals are important because they help us to focus on what we want to accomplish. Once we accomplish a goal it makes us feel good and it’s also very rewarding. Think about goals – large and small – that you’d like to accomplish most this year.
- Don’t Neglect Your Spiritual Self. To improve your spiritual life think about creating a daily habit that will help your spiritual self. This could be a daily prayer, meditation or practicing yoga. Numerous studies have shown that there are countless benefits to regular spiritual practice.
You don’t have to make very drastic changes in a short amount of time to improve your health. To make it less overwhelming, just begin by taking small steps to improve your physical, spiritual and emotional health. Your mind and body will thank you for it.
Article by Mike of http://www.needakusa.com/.
- Green Exercise & Mental Health (cleansebody.org)
- The Fastest Way to Lose Belly Fat Includes Exercise and Eating More! (weightlossdietforum.com)