Buying anything used, whether it’s a car or fitness equipment, can be a little stressful if you don’t know what to look out for. The reasons why people look into buying anything used is that they are looking for a bargain, but if you’ve bought something that doesn’t work then you’ve actually wasted your money. If you’re trying to get back into shape, you can literally save yourself hundreds of dollars when you buy second hand gym equipment for your home gym.
You can’t put a price tag on a healthy lifestyle, but money shouldn’t be a reason why you’re not going to work out. Before you look for cheap home gym equipment, you need to do your research and figure out what your fitness goals are. Different people have different goals, so you need to figure out what is it that you want to get out from working out. Some people are looking to lose weight and burn fat. In this case, you would want to look into buying aerobics machines such as treadmills, elliptical, etc. For those looking to gain muscle mass, you would want to look into heavy weights such as an Olympic bench, kettle bell, dumbbells, etc.
Here are some important questions to ask the seller:
- How old is the machine? – Ask the seller how old the machine is because you can do a price comparison online if someone else is selling the same model.
- Is there a warranty on it still? – Sometimes you can buy used gym equipment online with the manufacturer’s warranty still, which gives you a piece of mind.
- Can I turn it on and give it a try? – If there are moving parts powered by electricity as in a treadmill, you should always turn it on and give it a try.
- Why are you selling it? – This is a great question to ask because the seller might be selling it because he no longer has time to work out, some parts are missing, or it might need some repair.
- The Best Reason You Should Use Multi Gym Equipment (dietcleanse.org)
- Guide To Buying A Fitness Treadmill (weightlossdietforum.com)