Losing weight is difficult enough on a regular day but when you have to buy boxes of mini-chocolate bars and watch your kids go through their loot it can be almost unbearable. Halloween marks the beginning of “temptation season” leading the way for many holiday obstacles. Here are a few weight loss tips to help you continue to lose weight fast even through the Halloween season.
Weight Loss Tips – The Candy is Small but Mind the Calories
One small candy bar won’t ruin your weight loss program, but feeding on a handful of these bars can be devastating. Most of these mini bars pack around 100 calories so while eating one won’t break the calorie bank eating one of each kind may start to slow down your progress. Since we all want to lose weight fast here are some tips to avoid the unnecessary consumption of mini-chocolate bars.
1. Buy Candy You Don’t Like – Closing your door and turning off your porch lights may lead to a toilet paper surprise from a few tricksters in your neighborhood. You can give out candy but choose candy you don’t like to eat. Buying your favorites will only cause temptation. If you don’t like it chances are you won’t eat it. If you choose hard candy, gummy bears and any candy not coated in chocolate it is probably lower in calories in case you do fall victim to temptation.
2. Replace the Candy with Better Choices – instead of candy you may be able to buy small “loot-bag” type toys to give away. Buying in bulk from a party packagers store may make this an affordable and calorie-free alternative to candy.
3. Limit Yourself – deprivation will only lead to failure. Allow yourself 1 piece of candy per day. At work ask your co-workers to keep the candy away from your desk – chances are they are trying to get it away from their own desks. Ask them to store it in the kitchen and if you have to dig in only allow one!
4. Chew Gum – if you are chewing on a piece of gum you will likely not need the piece of candy at that same moment. Perhaps you will put off eating the candy and forget about it completely.
5. Keep Track – journal all your calories over the weeks leading up to and after Halloween to help you stay on track. If you count each of those little pieces of candy and now how it is affecting your diet you will likely stop before you make a costly error.
As always the best weight loss tips include drinking lots of water, exercising regularly, eat a nutritionally balanced diet and track your calories. Enjoy the season but don’t let it defeat all the progress you’re making.